CMG Cardiology - Structural Heart Disease Program
At CMG Structural Heart, skill and compassion go hand-in-hand.
Our experienced providers are highly respected for specialized, comprehensive care of patients with heart valve conditions. Committed to being at the forefront of diagnosis and treatment, we are trained in many of the latest cardiovascular medical therapies. We put all our hearts into caring for yours.
The term structural heart disease refers to heart conditions where valves, or tissues do not function as they should. These defects can disrupt the hearts ability to pump blood effectively, which may lead to health complications. Structural heart disease can be present at birth (congenital), or develop with wear and tear over time.
Historically open-heart surgery was the common treatment option for valve disease. The CMG Structural Heart team specializes in minimally invasive options, that are often a favorable alternative to open-heart surgery. Potential benefits of these advanced treatments can include a shorter recovery, smaller scars, and less pain.
Our structural heart disease program offers an individualized multi-specialty care experience. Experts in heart valve disease, interventional cardiology, vascular medicine, and cardiovascular imaging collaborate, to develop an optimal plan for each patient.
Conditions We Treat
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial septal defects (ASD)
- Heart valve disease
- Left atrial appendage occlusion
- Mitral valve problems
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Paravalvular leak closure
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) catheter repair
- Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty
- CardioMEMS system Implant
- Left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO)
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) catheter repair
- Prosthetic paravalvular leak (PVL) repair
- Rotoblader and laser atherectomy
- Surgical heart valve repair or replacement
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair