CMG Cardiology West
445 N. Silverbell Road,
Tucson, AZ 85745
Phone: (520) 396-1370
Fax: (520) 396-1375
Alejandro Asencio, MD
- Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Disease, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Internship: General Medicine, Hospital Angeles del Carmen, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Medical School: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine, Guadalajara, Mexico
About The Provider
Dr. Alejandro Asencio is a board certified Cardiologist that specializes in interventional catheter- based therapies for cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Asencio grew up in Guadalajara, Mexico. He completed his postdoctoral training at the University of Arizona in 2016 where he also served as a chief cardiology fellow. After completing his training, he practiced 4 years in an underserved area in West Virginia where he provided significant contributions to the interventional cardiology program. He is board certified in four medical specialties including cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, echocardiography and internal medicine. He is a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
Dr. Asencio believes in prevention and in high quality, individualized patient care.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Asencio enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with his family.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac Valve Disease
- Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease
- Complex Hypertension
- Intra Coronary Stent Placement
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Preventive Cardiology
- Stress Test and Nuclear Imaging